Thursday 19 September 2013

Repetition and Rhythm Assignment



For the Assignment, it was requested that we make a steady rhythm, and a dynamic rhythm using different types of lines. So, I am going to explain how I got a steady and dynamic rhythm with my two line arrangements. And of course I'm going to start with my steady line arrangement:

I believe that I made a fairly steady rhythm with the pattern of points repeating throughout the picture. Its simply repetitive, yet it’s the same arrangement of lines each time, except for the fact that the lines get thicker and thicker with each point. Its basically showing the rhythm getting denser, or louder with each beat, but at a steady pace, hence why I think it is pretty steady.



Next, is the dynamic rhythm. The only part of the rhythm that repeats itself is the lines emerging from the curved one at the bottom, and they all vary in thickness, and some distance, since some are further apart, while some are more close together. I believe the varying of the lines and the different distances create a dynamic rhythm, that doesn’t exactly go up at a steady paces, but a more creative one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment