Wednesday 4 March 2015

Two things I did in the past week




Over the past week or so I've gotten bored enough to do things I don't usually do, so I ended up trying out water colors freely for the first time and editing a photo.

The photo at the top is of my water color attempt. I sketched out and inked one of my characters (His name is William) and then colored it with my water color paints (I used a lot of red and black, with some purple for his hair and stuff!). I went a bit crazy to make it look bloody and gory since it fits his character, but I feel I did a pretty good job. I was actually inspired to draw him specifically because of two songs I was listening to that day; "S.H.E." and "Volatile Times" both by IAMX (the songs are here and here)

The second picture is a photo I edited of Chris Corner, who is actually from IAMX (IAMX is his solo musical project, I like it a lot). I found this picture on google images of him and kind of went to town with an online photo editing software (original picture is here. I also got inspired somewhat by another song by IAMX called "Under Atomic Skies").
I can't remember exactly what I did, but I mixed many different photo effects and did a focal blur and some other crazy things and it ended with this. I dunno I find I did a really good job and I'm proud :) (Also the thing at the bottom corner is my tumblr blog link, I was originally going to just put it there but...yeah)

So those were really the only major things I've done this week related to art, so...yay?


No comments:

Post a Comment