Tuesday 14 April 2015

Post-Modern Art Styles portrait



For CyberArts we had to make post-modern art style self-portraits representing ourselves, either on the inside or the outside. I decided to take a surrealistic turn for mine and make it about the me inside.

The reason why I chose surrealism is because I feel its an art style that gives you things that are unexpected and crazy, Which is kind of what I am, but mostly crazy! I wanted it to be a bit all over the place, so you look around the entire photo (the emoticons pop out the most, but then its supposed to lead your view to the back.)

I really don't have a lot to say about it,  but since it represents me, the one people can't see just by looking at me, I might as well explain;

As I said, I'm pretty crazy, and sometimes I tend to get mood swings (hence the emoticons) one minute I could be happier than a kid in a candy store, the next minute its like I'm at a funeral, thats how weird it gets. The heart and the mouthed apple in my hands are supposed to represent my twisted mind and sense of humour (also I like drawing apples with mouths). my blue scarf is supposed to represent anxiety. The blue is off, but the colour of the anxiety ribbon is a blue, and I have severe anxiety, so I thought I'd throw it in.
The rainbow liquid seeping down my face I can't exactly remember why thats there, but...eh, it looks nice?
I put the text in the back (The text is two riddles from The Hobbit!) because I just really like it, I suppose XD

But yeah, thats my Post modern art styles portrait! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment