Friday 6 November 2015

Re-cut trailer assignment -INCOMPLETE-

Our most recent project in class involved us to choose a movie, and recut the trailer. As most would probably know,  recut trailers are when someone takes a trailer for an existing movie and makes it so it becomes a completely different genre (example: a comedy film recut to a horror.)

Mine is currently incomplete, as I ran into a few problems and lost a lot of motivation to actually work on it.
I took the 2015 movie; Get Hard (Starring Will Ferrel and Kevin Hart) and tried to turn it into some sort of edgy, dramatic, I-don't-know-how-to-explain-it thing, as its originally a comedy.
The main plot of the movie is that the main character is falsely accused of fraud, so I worked off of that to make it more dramatic, as this movie is, due to its genre, full comedy and makes jokes about almost every single thing in the film.
Here is the original trailer:


Here is mine, which is not complete so please don't shoot me ;w;'' :



I'm not sure if anyone would agree with me, but I feel that putting in Jen Tidus's "Oh death" as the trailer song was quite fitting, it just seems like it would work for what I was going for...But then again its me, who's really bad at judging. 

Working on it again, I am slightly getting back into this trailer, but for now this is all I have. I'm quite proud of it, and I think the genre I'm going for is showing through...

Anyhow,  I hope you enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment