Friday 12 June 2015

CyberArts Culminating- Graphic design poster/Web Banner




Culminating Poster/Web Banner Assignment-GRAPHIC JAM


I decided to do my poster for the “event” called “Graphic Jam.” In my mind it looks like a convention of some-sort, strictly for Graphic and Digital Arts, and artists can showcase their work.  It would also probably be very Tech-Heavy, so not a lot of physical art pieces would actually be there, they would be projected onto a screen or something of that nature. An exception would be a nice gel-print of a Digital work.
…Honestly, I didn’t do a lot of research (I had too many things on my plate, I’m sorry.), I looked up some graphic design pictures, and got an idea on what a Web Banner was (because I wasn’t entirely sure) but other than that I went  basically straight into making my poster and Web Banner.
My poster shows a silhouetted person listening to music with large headphones. Why? Maybe he/she designed those headphones, and she’s “jamming out”…I also did it so there could be a pun involved, since the event is called “Graphic Jam.”
I also tried to make it pop with the colors. If you happen to see it while out on a nice stroll, it might catch your eye. “Oh? What’s on this poster?” You might think it’s a circus at first or something, but you’d probably check it out anyway, and next thing you know its some Graphic Design event. Seems pretty cool, right? I also made the letters pretty big so It’s easy to read even from a distance.
I also put a bunch of collages involving Technology and Graphic Design so it adds more to the fact that it is a Graphic Arts event, so if/when you go you know you’re going to be greeted with TECHNOLOGY.
For my banner I stayed with something simple, but not too simple. A web banner with too much going on is too overwhelming, and one that’s far too simple people are going to think the website is some spam thing that will send them e-mails every ten minutes and has viruses or whatever, so I had a plain blue background and used one of the previous collages to make the background a bit more intricate. I used the same text as the poster, so you can kind of relate them together in a way.
I kept the slightly vibrant colors so it was eye-catching, and the bold, big white text was so you could read it from afar, and it shows that “hey, this event is probably going to be cool!” There’s not a lot I can really justify, since I was in a hurry to get this done and there wasn’t 100% planning done, it was kind of all in my head. I kept the spirals open so they were more of the focal point.  It would either go from the silhouetted person to the individual spirals so you could read the info, or the other way around. Either way it works.
In the end, my satisfaction with it is kind of…eh. I wish I had more time to do it, but I only have so much time in my life to make sure all of my work is finished. If I had at least a week it probably would have been better than it actually is now. But at least I got it done. Actually, believe it or not, I like my web banner more than my poster. I don’t know why, I just like it more!


No comments:

Post a Comment