Friday 12 June 2015

Typography Exploration-Surrender


In class we had to choose a word from a list and make a sort of typography work somewhat describing the word- Unfortunately My previous file was nowhere to be found, but I managed to re-create it in some way; My word was SURRENDER.

When I hear the word surrender, or say the word surrender, I imagine a sort of powerful feeling with the first part of it, then it slowly goes down into some tiny little thing, as if someone was actually surrendering.
The meaning; "Cease Resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority." also adds to why I did this. What I mean about it going from powerful to basically nothing is because being in a battle, and in the end surrendering, in some cases it is a very honourable act, especially if its done to save others, but it can also be seen as an act of weakness; or the reality just sets in that they lost whatever battle they were in and had to declare being the losers and the ones ridiculed for times to come. Hence why the words are going from LARGE to small...

Surrender is one of my favourite words, for whatever reason (including nonchalant! :P) so I'm glad I was able to interpret it in some way!

No comments:

Post a Comment